The Headingley Community Foundation (HCF) is a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), incorporated in 2015 for the purpose of establishing a permanent endowment fund and distributing the income for the benefit of the community.
The HCF is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of nine volunteer members of the community who serve without remuneration. The Board evaluates each application and distributes grants to those groups or projects, initiatives or events that will most benefit the area.
- Grants are given to charities registered with Canada Revenue Agency (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/list-charities/list-charities-other-qualified-donees.html).
- If you are unsure if your organization qualifies for an HCF Grant, please contact us at least 2 weeks in advance for clarification and/or guidance on options to partner with a qualified donee/sponsor. You may leave a voice message at 204-889-3132 ext.2 or email us at HCFinfo@headingleycommunityfoundation.ca.
- Organizations must demonstrate a strong and committed board, fiscal responsibility, and effective management.
- Projects, initiatives or events must benefit the community of Headingley.
- Grants are awarded for specific purposes covering a definite period of time, typically one year or less. Multi-year grants may be considered.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a Completion Report with proof of paid expenditures. The report is required no later than October 31 of the following year. Failure to submit a report may affect subsequent application approvals.
- Successful applicants are eligible to apply for future funding after any previously approved grants have been completed and processed.
- The Foundation reserves the right to publish photos and names of individuals and organizations in its annual report, and other media.
- A well-planned approach
- Efficient use of resources
- Ability to serve a need in the community
- Volunteer participation and citizen involvement
- Support operating expenses of established agencies or programs;
- Individuals (with the exception of scholarships);
- Costs related to activities undertaken before the date of the Grants Committee or Board decision;
- Annual fundraising campaigns or annual fundraising events;
- Pay down mortgages or reduce deficits; political activities; exclusively religious activities.
In order to complete the application, you will be required to provide your organization’s charitable number or identify your partner donee/sponsor. As well, you must attach the following as PDFs to your application:
- List of current Board of Directors
- Most recent financial statement (Example: Monthly treasurer’s report; annual year end report. Do not submit a bank statement.)
- Log in using your name and email address. (Link at end of page)
- Preview page 2 for all questions and info required for completion.
- Make sure you have PDF files: list of Board of Directors; financial statement.
- Make sure you can provide CRA charitable number or identify donee/sponsor.
- Proceed with application OR quit and complete when you have time to finish the application in one sitting (incomplete work will not be saved).
- Upon completion and submission, the Signee from Step 1 will receive an email confirmation and a PDF copy of your application.
- Please contact us if you do not receive this confirmation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office and leave a message at (204) 889-3132 Ext. 2 or email us at HCFinfo@headingleycommunityfoundation.ca.