HCF is proud to have awarded $40,000 in grants through the federal Emergency Community Support Fund to 5 charities serving vulnerable members of our community during COVID-19. We want to thank them all for their great community initiatives.
- Bright Beginnings Educare – $20,764 to prepare indoor facilities and an outdoor expansion to meet social distancing requirements.
- CNIB – $1050 for programming to residents affected by isolation related to blindness.
- Headingley Municipal Library – $12,000 for ongoing curbside support.
- Headingley Senior Services Inc. – $2500 for Wellness Kits for seniors.
- Phoenix Recreation Association – $3686 for outdoor lighting and bumper kits to enhance social distancing in outdoor activities.
This is the full amount of funds available to us through ECSF and therefore we are not able to accept more applications. We invite you to follow Community Foundations of Canada’s website for further updates should more funds become available. ECSF is a $350 million fund that is being coordinated through CFC (in partnership with local foundations across the country), the Canadian Red Cross and United Way Canada, and is funded by the Government of Canada. #HeadingleyManitoba #HeadingleyCommunityFoundation #HeadingleyFoundation #rmofheadingley #loveHeadingley